Thursday, October 11, 2012

'The Big One,' Part II: Dale Jr. Is Out 2 Races

Last post, I ranted about the media hype and not-so-subtle salivation for 'The Big One.' 

Well, that oh-so-popular (note sarcasm) 'Big One' has resulted in NASCAR's most BELOVED driver having to sit out for two races due to a concussion...and he just happens to be my driver, Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

Though my heart is broken for him with regard to the Chase, his health is WAY WAY WAY more important. 

Something told me he was hurt after that race. The way he was clutching his head in his hands made my stomach flip. I just had this feeling I couldn't shake--something wasn't right. Ever since the race, I've been checking for updates--THAT is how strong my gut feeling was. I'm so, so glad he had it checked out. 

Races will be there. Wins will be there. Championships will be there. And so will Dale. He has had a spectacular year, and it will continue straight to a Championship. Oh, yes, he will win it all, of that, I have no doubt; I never ignore my gut. I'm a big believer in timing--when it's right, it's right...it's meant to be.

Not that he'll ever see my little corner of the blogosphere, but, for what it's worth: Feel better soon, Dale. Your Championship is coming. Promise. 

And, so, you know I must say it...GO DALE!



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :) Thanks. I just get so fired up when I think of how they talk about 'The Big One,' knowing how dangerous it can be. I'm just glad Dale will be okay. :)

      Delete
  2. That big one I actually saw on the sport's channel here. It was insane! And you're right, the whole salivation over the "big one" can translate to a lot of sports where people are more interested in crashes and injuries than the sport itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know accidents happen. It's part of the sport. I suppose accidents and injuries are part of any sport, really. But when it gets to the point where people are actually hoping or cheering for a wreck...that's crossing a truly morbid line.

      Delete
  3. Your devotion to Dale is admirable! Hope he does win it all, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! He has a faithful fan base--I'm just one of 'em. He will...I know it! :)

      Delete
  4. Between that and his comments about not running restrictor-plate tracks anymore, maybe the fools at NASCAR will finally get around to fixing the problem... yeah, I don't think so either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah. Doubt it, too. Wish they would do something, though. :(

      Delete