First and foremost, I hope everyone is safe from the devastating hurricane that hit the Northeast. My love and prayers are with everyone, always.
A BIG thank you to my dear friend, J.Day, for giving me this award!!! She is such a lovey—if you haven’t visited her blog, you are DEFINITELY missing out.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving this award to.
4. Choose 11 people to give the award to.
5. No tag backs.
Eleven Things About Me (This shouldn’t be tough, but, dang, it really kinda is):
1. I’ve been drinking way more water lately…
2. …which I celebrate by having a soda, you know, to treat myself for staying away from, well, soda. So, okay, I may need to work on it a bit.
3. Sort of tempted to sit in a graveyard on Halloween…it’s this whole Field of Dreams thing. Sit in a graveyard, he (ahem, Eric Northman, or Bill, pre-crazy) will come.
4. My insane fandom just had a break where college football is concerned. Bye week. Much needed. Now, it's time for an all out nervous stomach fest. Big weekend upcoming. Geaux.
5. Convinced the Halloween candy this year is possessed because I seriously cannot keep out of the candy bags…and I don’t even have a sweet tooth!
6. I’m ready for Bing—the crooner, not the search engine.
7. My stomach is convinced one can OD on candy corn.
8. I’d love to have Grace Kelly’s wardrobe...or Audrey Hepburn’s.
9. Lately, I’ve been singing songs from Grease. Don’t ask…no clue.
10. Dale Jr. returned to racing this weekend! Was SO happy to see him back behind the wheel (I'm tellin' you, his car even looked happier), even though he deserved a better finish.
11. MY DALLAS MAVERICKS BEAT THE LAKERS TO START THE SEASON!!! Y’all didn’t think I’d let THAT one slide, did you?! They pretty much shocked everyone. Couldn’t have scripted a better Trick or Treat scenario.
1. What is your favorite book of all time?
This is SO impossible! Lol A lot of it depends on my frame of mind. If I’m feeling whimsical, any of the Harry Potter books; if I’m in a dark-ish, mystery-mood, Sookie Stackhouse books, Dracula, etc. If I want to travel back to my childhood, I look to Anne of Green Gables, The Boxcar Children, any of the Nancy Drew books, or even the Babysitters Club books.
The one book I LOVE dearly, but CANNOT, under ANY circumstance, read is Where the Red Fern Grows. Scarred me for life.
2. What is your least favorite thing to do when it comes to cleaning house?
Oh, easy. The toilet. I hate cleaning the toilet. It makes me gag.
3. Would you ever own a chicken (a live one)?
Hmm. Probably not, but if I did, I’d name it Cluck-cluck.
4. How do you handle those annoying sales calls?
I used to be SO polite…until they got snippy when I wanted to end the call. If I get those calls now, I simply say, “EH?” like a little old woman and hang up the phone.
5. What musical artist would you pay good money to see?
Bing Crosby. Oh, wait, do you mean, ya know, someone who’s alive?
6. Have you ever milked anything? (And breast feeding doesn't count lol)
Nope. Not a thing. Not even a cat (referencing Meet the Parents, here)
7. If you were President, what is the first thing you would do?
Well, I wouldn’t feed the American people B.S., I can tell you that. I’d work FOR the people, LISTEN to the people, and FIGHT for the people.
Then, I’d help invent and employ a B.S. detector. I imagine there would be politicians shaking in their $800 shoes if such a thing existed.
8. In reality, would you ever be crazy enough to run for President?
Probably not. I’m not good at playing the political game…and that suits me just fine.
9. Knowing what you know now, would you go back and change anything in your past?
I really don’t think so. Maybe I’d have let this one guy know how I felt about him (he supposedly felt the same way about me, but was too shy to ever say anything). But, looking back, there must have been a reason why it never happened. I will say this: If a man had feelings for me, I knew it, and felt the same…I’d probably broach the subject, even though I’m SO NOT the type to hit on a guy or make the first move. I imagine my ‘broaching’ abilities would be hilarious.
10. Who do you think is the best super hero?
Oooooh! TOUGH. I would want to be Wonder Woman, but I’d want to marry Batman.
11. Have you ever broken a bone?
I fractured my foot once, but I’m not sure if that counts as an official ‘break.’
My questions for y’all (I admit, they’re going to be Halloween themed…can’t help it...it’s where my brain is right now):
1. What’s your favorite ‘Bad for you food?’
2. Of all the spooky songs out there, what’s the ONE that screams Halloween to you?
3. What is your absolute favorite Halloween candy?
4. Best trick-or-treating memory?
5. Worst trick-or-treating memory?
6. Did you ever walk through a haunted house and scream your fool head off? (Wait. What? Oh, yeah, me either…*blushes*)
7. Is there a scary movie you absolutely don’t want to watch, but find you totally MUST watch?
8. Which Halloween special do you look forward to seeing every year?
9. If you could cast a spell, what would it be and why?
10. Hogwarts or Halloweentown?
11. Ghostbusters theme or the Addams Family theme?
The spooky little goblins (the cute kind) getting this award will be…EVERYONE! It may sound lame to name everyone, but, c’mon, it’s HALLOWEEN! How could I exclude anyone?! Impossible!!! Nobody gets a rock at my house! (Guess you can tell what my favorite Halloween special is. :))
So, from me to you, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! *HUGS*