Thursday, February 7, 2013

When Life Interrupts

I've missed you all so much! SO. MUCH. *Sending many, many, many huge hugs to you all*

Um, I've been so bogged down that I TOTALLY forgot to post the following before Christmas. *hides head in utter shame* So, here's a little pre-holiday-post-holiday post. I know, I know, I'm awful. 



Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.

We hang our stockings everywhere! Three that my mom made when I was little hang above the fireplace every year; my mom’s stocking from when she was a little girl hangs in the family room; and one my dad got me also hangs in the family room.

We even have one that belonged to my puppy—it’s so tiny and sweet. Every year, he knew when it was time for the “stocking box.” He’d jump on my lap, watch me take each stocking out, and when it got to his, he took it out of the box, ran to the fireplace, and waited for me to hang it up. From then until Christmas morning, he slept, sat, and stared up at it.

In his honor, we still hang it up every year…and I still cry every time I remove it from the box.

On Christmas Eve, Santa fills them with goodies (you know, because it’s ALWAYS Santa), and come Christmas morning, we’ll open them first thing.

How many hours of sleep do you average at night? Is it enough?

*Bwahahahahaha* Oh. Sorry about that. Yeah, me and the old fart Sandman aren’t exactly BFFs. It varies—4, maybe. And no, it’s never enough. But, when I can sleep in—dude, I can crash for 10 hours. Lol

If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?

BBQ potato chips…and Cheetos…and, well, soda.

I’m going to definitely give this a go…starting on December 31st.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?

Well, I adored Princess Diana, so I do follow Wills, Harry, and Kate a bit, but not overly so. I’m SO happy for them, though! I think Wills and Kate make an absolutely stunning couple!

For me, the sound of childhood is__________________.

Gotta go with laughter.

Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?

Boo, oh, very big boo!!! I gag if it gets near me. Not kidding.
Uh, well, I’m not much of a dessert-with-fruit kind of gal. I’ll be blunt: I don’t want goody-goody good for me fruit in my dessert. No. Just no. If I’m gettin’ dessert, give me chocolate layer cake, chocolate crème pie, chocolate peanut butter cake…

What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?

Honestly, the more you look around, the harsher things appear lately. For some reason, I’ve noticed some pretty ugly things recently, not just in a personal capacity, but universally with friends, family, and people I don’t even know. For those of us who continue to abide by that good old Golden Rule, we can’t allow others to knock us down and keep us down.

So, I’m thinking we learn to adopt the “Sometimes you have to say, ‘WTF,’” mentality. Sticks and stones, remember?

Insert your own random thought here.

I want to fly on Santa’s sleigh. Never claimed I wasn’t dorky enough to wish for these kinds of things. It’s like wishing on a star, Pinocchio-style…until you realize it wasn’t a star…it was a plane. You wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve done this…and, no, I ain’t tellin’ the number.





8 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see you back. You can say you're late with your holiday post, or you're early for Christmas 2013. Flying on Santa's sleigh is such a magical wish. Maybe it will come true -- you never know. And I'm sorry you miss your dog. It's sweet that you still hang up his stocking and that he loved it so much.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of being early for Christmas 2013. :) Maybe it will come true in a very vivid dream that I can trick my mind into believing was real-the imagination can be a powerful tool. ;)

      Missed you!

      Delete
  2. *SQUEAL* I'VE MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Recently I've been thinking about you and how much I miss your posts. And here you are! It's like MAGIC! lol

    Hey if you get that ride on Santa's sleigh, you better steer it in my direction because I be wantin' a ride on that too! lol

    ((((((HUGS))))) Ya gotta stop leaving me. I mean us. Yeah, all us followers. I mean, it's not all about me . . . at least that's what they tell me. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I've missed you SO much!!! *Hugs*

      Ooh, if it's like magic, then maybe I'm magical...so I should expect my invite to teach at Hogwarts any day now, right? ;)

      LOL--Would TOTALLY steer that sleigh your way! Poor Rudolph wouldn't know what to make of two crazy gals flying Santa's ride! lol

      LOL--*HUGS* I do miss being here so much!!! I'll work harder to post/read more. That's a promise!

      Delete
  3. welcome back to blogging world. yep, missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, lovey. You know my email--don't hesitate to use it. Missed you tons. HUGE hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I will e-mail soon, I promise! Love you bunches and I've missed you SO MUCH, too!!!

      Delete