Monday, January 24, 2011

Now That Devil-Nose Is Open For Business...

...I can smell again, which, of course, means a 3 a.m. panic when what smelled like something burning reached my nostrils. I was utterly terrified. I ran everywhere, trying to find the source of the smell, but I found absolutely nothing. Could it have been someone's fireplace? I dunno. It was freaky. Really, really freaky. I didn't sleep at all--just sat up watching tv, trying to do some work, while acting as watcher for the house.

So, because my brain is totally scattered right now, this post will be totally random.

1. Soda confession: Yeah. I had the soda. It tasted so darn good. It was like liquid candy. I'm back on the water now. Reckon one soda isn't too bad. Strangely, the water tastes better than it did prior to the soda. Go figure.

2. As a Dallas Cowboys fan, gotta tell ya, not thrilled over the Super Bowl this year. Personally, if the Cowboys couldn't be in it, I would have liked to see the Jets and Atlanta/Saints/Bears battle it out in Cowboys' Stadium. Instead, we have two teams that have impacted my Cowboys in very, very negative ways over the years. Anyone heard of the Ice Bowl? Yeah. I wasn't even born yet, but I think I started hearing that story when I was in the womb. Super Bowl. Sigh.

3. Say Yes To The Dress and The Single Sandwich: While channel surfing, I stumbled across that TLC show, Say Yes To The Dress, and it reminded me of something I saw last fall/early winter. Imagine being a single woman watching a show about other women getting married and shopping for dresses.  Now, imagine the show going to a commercial break. What kind of commercial would you expect? Some random diet commercial, maybe? How about one of those jewelry commercials? They would fit the theme right?

Now, imagine suddenly hearing the original version of All By Myself as the camera focuses in on a lonely sandwich on a plate. Oh, I'm not kidding. Weddings--marriage--wedding gowns...and a commercial that blares All By Myself while featuring food.

What marketing/advertising genius came up with that little gem? What idiot thought it would be a good idea to air an ad featuring THAT song during a show about wedding dresses? Seriously. Absolute idiot.

4. Delusional people: I don't get them. We're talking people who think they are seriously famous when all they are known for is getting drunk and acting trashy. Suppose it doesn't help that they are awarded with book deals, spokesperson gigs, etc. Really, I don't get it. It's scary to hear how many delusional folks are in this world.

5.  Wasn't: For the first time, I didn't play his game. In the past, I oftentimes unwittingly played, hoping it would lead to a solid friendship, at the very least. Since retiring from the game, I have to admit...I feel great. It's like a huge weight has been lifted and I can breathe again.

Uh, yeah, so my brain just kinda stopped thinking. Clearly, the lack of sleep and serious stress from last night/early this morning is catching up with me.

I'll just leave you with a good, upbeat Monday-kind-of song. Groove a little--feel happy.

9 comments:

  1. So, which teams are playing in the Super Bowl this year? I've lost track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am disappointed in the Superbowl teams this year too. I wanted the Saints to go again. I don't care for football but still voice my opinion every now and again. Are you kidding me? All By Myself??? NICE. Agreed, idiots! Not playing "his" game is liberating and it's true, you feel great! Keep it up girlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta go with the Steelers. Then again I really don't care much for football...but at least they are a PA team...and not the Cowboys. Sorry, love...but Eagles and Cowboys will just never like each other.

    SO glad you got your sniffer back! :-)
    PS...love Joss Stone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate wedding shows. The girls are always fussy and flat out mean. I'm just not a fan of weddings in general. Call me crazy, but I never got the whole "wedding day is the best day of your life, OMG!" feeling.
    I'm glad that you can smell again. Now go get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt of 14: Packers and Steelers. Sigh.

    Yvonne: I hear you. I'm kinda bummed about the Super Bowl. So not how I had hoped the season would go. But, I know fans of the Packers and Steelers are elated, and I can totally appreciate that feeling. Miss those days, actually.

    NOT kidding. All By Myself during a wedding themed show. All I know is it couldn't have been a woman who put that together.

    Thanks--and it really is liberating!!

    George & Jewels: I'm probably pulling for the Steelers. I really don't think I can overcome the Ice Bowl--it's one of those things Cowboys' fans hate to hear, and one Packers' fans LOVE to talk about. Oh well. I wish both teams luck--should be a pretty good, old-school kind-of game.

    Stephanie: Yeah, I don't normally watch them, either--only on occasion. Naturally, the one time I watch, is the one time that idiotic ad airs. I'm actually SUPER glad you said you aren't one of those wedding-girls. I always felt totally alone in that feeling. lol

    Me too--and I promise to catch up on some Zzzz's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your Buffy references at Average Girl's party. Just wanted to drop by and check out your space. Groovy.

    http://zpnotesfromunderground.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've found a Cowboys fan who blogs? This is going to be great. America's Team shall rise again! (I hope)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ZP: Thank you! I can't believe I'm just now seeing your comment. I finally decided to monitor incoming comments. Now, I can actually read every comment coming in, so I won't miss any! Yay!

    Thank Q: Whoo Hoo!!!! A fellow blogging Cowboys' fan!!! Ye-haw!!! Yes, yes, I have great hopes this season. Last season was...ugh...rough. I'm thinking our defense is going to be a lot better this year. Absolutely, America's Team shall rise again!!!

    ReplyDelete