Dale Jr.: Pit crew, pit crew, pit crew. Y’all are putting this race fan on the ceiling like a nervous little cat. Dale had yet another solid day, but after an iffy late pit and some pit problems, he ended up 14th on the day. He drove the wheels off that car to put the team in position. It’s frustrating (a feeling I know all too well—it has become my annoying and predictable companion). Maybe I could try out for the pit crew—I can be freakishly strong when I want to be.
Anyway, he’s still 9th in points (hurrah!). Here’s the thing: Dale is having a strong, strong season. Anyone who says otherwise is absolutely ridiculous. This is his first year with Steve Letarte—they’re getting to know one another, learning with one another. With a few tweaks here and there, I truly believe this team is on the brink of greatness. Spoken like a true Dale Jr. fan, I know, but I really do believe it—and I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t believe.
Cowboys: We’re nearing the end of summer. The grocery store released its first batch of apple cider doughnuts, and the Cowboys played in a nationally televised preseason football game. Happy days. Football is back and I have one thing to say, “Hello, Lover.” I’m thinkin’ football is my boyfriend—pretty hunky, huh? He’s mighty sexy and oh-so-popular.
Award: And, to my total shock, I received a second Blog On Fire Award, this time from Jay. I’m only just getting to know him, but I can already tell he is caring, supportive, straight forward, and funny. If you haven’t visited his blog, please do so when you get a chance—you won’t be disappointed.
Now, for the rules:
- Thank the blogger who gave you this award (see above)
- List five previously unknown facts about yourself (you can make ‘em saucy if you want).
- Last time I told y’all how the revving engines in NASCAR kinda, um, get me a little hot under my AMP t-shirt. Another thing that does it…fighter jets flying overhead (which, ironically, they do before the start of every NASCAR race). Apparently, I have an affinity for things that go fast (more irony). I blame batman and his spiffy batmobile.
- When I hear the NFL theme songs (Fox, Monday Night Football, Sunday Night Football), I get chills. You just feel the electricity and you know it’s on. These aren’t quite on the level of Marvin Gaye’s “Let’s Get It On,” but they’re up there.
- One of my very favorite snacks is chips and salsa. My daddy introduced me to this snack when I was in second grade. It became my everyday-after-school-snack while I watched Kids Incorporated and Saved By The Bell. Little did I know I was getting a daily dose of veggies in that salsa.
- Apart from salad, I wasn’t good about eating my veggies as a kid. Heck, I’m not great about eating my veggies today—I scrunch up my nose, grin, and shove ’em down first, then enjoy the good parts of the meal.
- The idea of dangling my feet in the water (lakes, ocean, etc.) wigs me out. I can’t help but wonder what the heck is lurking below. I’ve watched too many shark/gator/piranha movies.
- Pass this award to 5 fellow bloggers. This is the tough part for me. I want to pick everybody, but I’ll try to stick to five…plus a few. ;)