* Excellent, excellent, excellent college sports weekend. I don't talk about my college teams too often due to my fear of jinxing them. These teams are the loves of my life, I tell you. I've lived and breathed them since I was a very, very little girl...much like I have the Cowboys, but we'll get to them in a minute--they aren't under "The Good."
* Apparently, I'm "so freaking funny" and "a sitcom," when I cheer on my teams. Um, okay. Think I'd classify myself as borderline panic stricken and a mess, but whatever. Actually, I don't even know if this should classify under good...it's probably unclassifiable...and now I'm babbling, so, okay, I'm stopping.
* Yankees won game one against Detroit.
* Yankees lost game two against Detroit.
* Dale Jr. had a rough one. He had a great car--top 5 to top 10 for sure. Unfortunately, he had some rotten luck (broken sway bar, loose wheel, etc.) and just couldn't get the track position to compete. He finished 24th, and is 10th in points. Not a great day, but he fought it and drove that thing as hard as he could.
The bright side: He would have had a top 5, top 10, and that's what you focus on. Broken parts and loose wheels happen--it's the foundation you look at, and the 88 team has a solid one.
Oh, and his Redskins won. Man, it's like swallowing vinegar to say this but...the Redskins win is not good for the Cowboys, but it does make my driver happy, so...yeah...I'm trying to do that whole bright side thing.
That win is lurking...and Dale is gonna get it! Kansas is up next and absolutely anything can happen! Go Dale!
You had to know what filled this spot. The Dallas Cowboys. Sigh. The Cowboys lost...after having a 24 point lead in the second half.
Romo threw 3 interceptions, 2 of which were returned for touchdowns; the third resulted in 7 for Detroit. That's 3 TDs off Romo for the Lions. It's the worst collapse--in terms of biggest blown lead--in franchise history.
I don't think I need to say much more, but here's a link that sums things up pretty nicely:
Terrible Cowboys Loss
So, there we have it, 50% of the weekend was great, 25% not so great, 25% very, very ugly.