*Last year, I posted a little rundown of how I am when I watch football and since the college season has officially started, with pro to follow next week, I thought I'd post it again. :)
When I Watch Football:
1. I don't talk, unless it's football related. I'm completely IN the game. I don't mind random, SHORT little exchanges off the topic of football, but don't expect long conversations--ain't gonna happen. This is especially true when my team is on the field...I'm there to support my team, so kindly shut it.
2. Sometimes, I will coach from the couch...and I don't suck at it, either...of course, I've had some darn good "coaches" (my mama, daddy, and papaw).
3. I occasionally swear. Because I don't make it a habit, people usually laugh, even though I'm soooo not joking...I'm in the zone, y'all.
4. From time to time, I will unleash on the refs. Who hasn't, right? Those little zebras get on my last nerve sometimes.
5. I can cheer with the best of them...expect cheering, clapping, etc. I'm not a sit-there-look-pretty female football fan.
6. If you are not a fan of my team, it's all good--I don't have a problem with healthy competition...just respect that we are all football fans here. IF you decide to take a walk down poor loser/snarky a** road, I will, in an extremely polite, swear-free manner, verbally go toe-to-toe with you...and I will win (playing around here)--Done the sparring thing before...with football players that were waaaaaaay bigger than me (this is true and it was a blast--we had a great time!). Sparring can actually be pretty fun. (Again, I'm playing around here, just in case you didn't realize...grrr...just havin' fun).
7. When the outcome of a game comes down to the last minute or so, I will pace. Don't stop me; it is something I must do. I must pace.
8. If my team loses, I need a mourning period...unless they play horrible, pathetic football, in which case, I will rant. If my team wins, I will revel in victory, but not to the point of being obnoxious.
I love this game. I love my team. This is me. If you don't like it...I'll meet you on the football field. Meow...
...and a little Grr.
***I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend! I'll just be cheering on my teams and rooting for Dale to kick some fender in Atlanta.