There were some seriously great things from this weekend: My college teams put on a show and, the thing that absolutely made the weekend, Dale Jr. will drive for the Championship! I'm so happy for him!
Here are a few of the other highlights from my weekend of fun:
* Apparently, I'm in my 60s. One of those junk mail letters listed the members of my family along with their approximate ages. I'm listed in my 60s and single. Awesome. Didn't screw up my single status, did they? Nah. Now, my mom says it's just a typo. Probably true. Really should focus on the typo theory...
...So, along with those random Howler-type letters subconsciously screaming, You're single! Join today to meet your true love, I can now look forward to the Sign up today for your free pair of therapeutic shoes, sure to help with those bone spurs of yours, you old fart. See, I'm not focusing on the typo theory.
* I tripped over my mom's weather radio, set off its ridiculously loud alarm thingy, and freaked. You know how you want something to shut the heck up, but at the same time you're too alarmed (pun intended) to focus on what needs shutting up? Yeah, that.
* On a weekend when my sinuses were beastly, I really didn't need to cry...which I did...at the end of True Blood. (We'll get into that tomorrow).
* Cowboys. Sigh. My Cowboys dominated the game. My Cowboys had it won. My Cowboys looked impressive on defense. My Cowboys lost.
Tony "No-no" Romo made a couple of big no-nos. Sure, we had a blocked punt (unfortunate, but it happens) and Dez was shut down late in the game (um, we have a plethora of talented receivers Romo can throw to). Romo's fumble on the Jets one-yard line started the free-fall. The interception at the end was just sour icing on a hard cake.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: As a fan, I do not feel confident with Tony at QB. I just don’t. Lord knows I’ve tried, but I know what it’s like to have a QB you have 100% faith in (Troy Aikman). That feeling simply isn’t there with Romo no matter how hard I try to find it.
Pressure + Romo = Mistakes. If this equation changes in the near future, I will be the first to eat my words.
- Dallas was the underdog and many thought the Jets would annihilate them. That didn't happen.
- We outplayed a tough opponent on their turf.
- Our defense is, for me, exceeding early expectations. I knew Rob Ryan would bring back the Dallas defense--I look for them to only get bigger and better.
- It’s only the first game.
- We have backup QBs. Just sayin’. If Romo can’t get it done, put Kitna in—he did one helluva job last year when Romo broke his collarbone. And, no, I’m not giving up on Romo…yet. I am wary, though, and very weary.
Overall: We are on the brink of something really great. I see it. I just wish I had more faith in our QB.
And, yes, I took a Dramamine after the game.
***The changing-font-thing is at it again. NO idea why it happens.