Thursday, December 1, 2011

Truth Is Thursday!




 Truth Is: Mom always says the best things, like this one: “Now I know it’s the holidays when I’m eating chocolate chip cookies and drinking soda.”

And this one came after Dad wanted to talk about sad news stuff and Mom interrupted, simply saying: “I want to curl up in my own little euphoric world and pretend.”

Truth Is: This time of year especially, I tend to think there is so much more to this world than we can see with our eyes. (A little whimsical, I know, but where’s the fun in reality all the time?)

Truth Is: The brightened, surprised looks on the faces of elderly couples when I smile at them should make me happy, but really it makes me want to cry; it’s like they don’t get those smiles very often. My dad confirmed this when he once helped an elderly veteran and the gentleman’s chin started quivering. Simple things mean the world.

Truth Is: The Dallas Cowboys sit atop the NFC East!!! BFF is practically giddy (this is saying a great deal, considering he’s a grumpy Grinch this time of year and usually cheers for the Abominable Snowman in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer).

Truth Is: I get to create a superhero alter-ego, thanks to Lex. And I get to draw me as a superhero! So excited! Not sure what powers I’ll have yet. I’m open to suggestions—what kind-of powers should I have? I like the power of invisibility, but, as otherworldly as it may seem, I’m pretty sure I already have that one…and I don’t even need a cloak. :/ I’m aiming for Monday to reveal my secret superhero identity because, you know, we all have one and Monday's usually suck.






16 comments:

  1. I could use some superhero powers right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat chocolate chip cookies all the time, how do I know when it's the holidays? :p

    I liked your simple things comment, it's so true. I really think they appreciate when a younger generation shows interest or kindness to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super honesty? You don't sugar coat it, you just deliver.

    And woot for the cowboys! My panthers can scratch themselves out of last place in the NFC South by beating the Bucs this weekend. My fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you say chocolate chip cookies??? Where??????

    ReplyDelete
  5. OT: Aw, I think you have them if you look close enough. :)

    Jay: LOL--cookies are the best comfort food.

    Thank you. Their sweet, surprised faces just break my heart.

    Lost.in.Idaho: So, shed the polite way of saying things and let a super power be one of brutal, in your face honesty? Interesting! :)

    Oh, I'm so pulling for your Panthers! Really think they are going to evolve into a powerful team. Cam is the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eva: LOL! :) I'd so bring you a plate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about the ability to knock sense into people? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a sad world when simple things like soda and chocolate chip cookies are only for Christmas...I am sad for your mom, and I would send her cookies...but I make dough and then freeze it and make two cookies at a time because I'm the only one that eats them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you should use Harry and Hermione as the models for your superhero persona. Whatever Harry and Hermione can do, you can do it better. Well, maybe not Hermione.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chanel: Oh, no, no, it's not that she limits cookies or soda only for Christmas. Should have clarified that one. lol No, she means pairing cookies with soda and having them at the same time--it's usually a milk/cookies combo for Mom. Not something she normally does, that's all. :) Trust me, my family doesn't limit any of those simple things to Christmas only. lol

    LOLA: Oooh, I like that idea too!!! Expecto Patronum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The superhero thing is an awesome idea!!! I can't wait to read about your secret identity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A horcrux! But it's too dark to see it. Luminos!

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beliza: :) I'm really looking forward to putting it all together. :)

    LOLA: LOL! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carole: Me too! :D GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete