Sunday, December 5, 2010

Halftime Thoughts: Cowboys, Cam Newton, and The Bum-Hunters

So, it's halftime of the Dallas game--thought I would pop over and relieve my mind of some rather annoying thoughts...lucky for y'all, right? *NOTE: By the time I finish this, the game will be back on, no doubt.

Cowboys: Looking good against Peyton Manning and the Colts. We have some work to do. i.e. O-Line, Kicker. Confession: I was wrong about Kitna. He's been playing on par with, if not better than, Romo. His numbers are impressive, but, more importantly to this rabid fan, he WANTS to succeed; he's passionate about this team. His reactions on the field SHOW fans just how much he cares. THIS is something you just don't get from Romo, at least I don't.

If you think about it, we have a 38-year-old, unquestionably passionate back-up QB, putting up Romo-esque numbers, helping the team get points, and putting the Cowboys in position to get wins each week.  Hmm. Makes you think.

Cam Newton: Yeah, I don't get it. He's a great player--not arguing that fact. It just annoys the holy heck out of me that the Bum-Hunters (i.e. announcers/Heisman voters) think the sun shines out his rear (guess they would know, since they spend most of their time in said region). Yesterday during the SEC Championship game, I thought the announcers were quite literally going to go down on the field and kiss the kid; they just sang his praises to the point of eww-ville.

I mean, he's a great player...with a shady past, involving questionable integrity/honesty/morality. But, hey, so long as he plays well, why should those things matter? Who cares about honestly, integrity, and morals, right? He's going to win the Heisman because it's all about what you do on the field; who gives a hoot about the person behind the player...right?

Sad, but that seems to be the direction our society is moving. Maybe someone needs to take it back and make a stand.

Oh, and, for future reference, Mr. Bum-Hunter-announcers, please know that Cam is NOT the first multi-talented QB (Vince Young, anyone? Texas Longhorns? Hello??) and I dare say he will not be the last.

Okay, rant over...and my Cowboys just scored....must go.

2 comments:

  1. Cam Newton ..ugh! I can't stand his arrogance and they way they are putting him up on some damn pedastool! I want to puke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Gamecocks fan, I REALLY hate Cam. I didn't get to watch the game because I was working (so digging through pictures of it), and the NCAA rule doesn't say anything about whether you KNEW someone was trying to sell you. UGH!

    ReplyDelete