First and foremost, I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday!!
Now for the hard part: I must acknowledge the mind-numbing collapse of my Mavs in Game 4 on Saturday. *deep breath time* Just say it and get it over with. Okay. With my Mavs up by more than 20 late in the game, Portland came back to win. Oh, Lord, that was hard to think, much less type. While watching what many are dubbing the "ultimate choke," I sat very still, much like the eye of a category five hurricane. By the end of said game, I was left wondering how on God's green earth the Mavs just coughed up a win and a 3-1 lead in the series.
Credit to Portland, of course, but I simply do not understand what happened. With the series now tied at 2-2, I'm guessing the Mavs will have to battle themselves more so than Portland if they are going to win this series. They can do it...I know they can. Next game: tonight. *copious amounts of Cadbury Eggs will be consumed*
How nice is it to awaken to awards on a Monday? Thank you so much to the wonderfully sweet, funny, and supremely talented PencilGirl, who added some sun to a really gloomy day, actually (hey, sun, where are you? Tired of the cold, now!). Please take a moment to visit her blog and be prepared to stay--it's that enjoyable. :)
The first award is one she created for anyone who has commented on her blog--how amazing is that?! I would like to pass this award to every single one of you! You might already know this, but it's worth repeating: your comments are like the white gravy on chicken fried steak--without the white gravy, the chicken fried steak wouldn't be nearly as good. *Hugs*
There are no strings with this award, except to bring smiles. :)
The second award is the Versatile Blogger Award!
For this one, I did not see any rules posted, apart from passing it along to 7 fellow bloggers. But, just for fun, here are 5 random factoids:
1. Not a fan of clowns. Overall, they creep me out. My mom dressed me as a clown for Halloween one time. Admittedly, the costume and makeup looked unbelievable. However, when I looked in the mirror, I wigged myself out. Never told her that, though. The only clown I ever really liked was Ronald McDonald. Why? Because he's the one with the fries and Happy Meal toys. Duh. Still holds true today, truth be told. ;)
2. Diverse Music Selection: One minute I'm singing Gotta Be Somebody by Nickelback, and the next I'm chillin' to La Vie en Rose.
3. My favorite James Bond movie is The Spy Who Loved Me with Roger Moore as Bond--it is the very first Bond film I remember watching with my dad. It's a special-memory-movie. :)
4. Sean Connery, however, is my favorite Bond. Each actor to play Bond has brought his own unique flare to the role, but Sean Connery was just...sigh. I could never quite gel with Timothy Dalton, however.
5. Dobby: I loved Dobby from the Harry Potter books. I know he annoyed some, but I thought he was such a true, honest friend to Harry. And, um, I cried like a baby at the end of Deathly Hallows, Part I. There, I said it.
As always, I would like to pass this award to everyone reading (I'm such a softy)! ALL of you deserve these awards! Hopefully, they will make you happy. :)