Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rant On The Cowboys...yeah, I'm on a roll tonight....sorry

In case you couldn't tell by my *slight* need to rant, my Dallas Cowboys lost...again...after a bye week.  Inexcusable.

Here's my short list:

1. Penalties--ridiculous, repetitive, inexcusable penalties.

2. Lack of discipline--let's face it, with Jimmy Johnson as the head coach, those penalties would never happen...or they would happen once and never again. I love Wade--he's a tremendous person, but the Cowboys need a Jimmy-type coach.  Bill Cowher?  Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking--that will never happen with Jerry Jones still needing control.

3. Predictable Offense--It's never good when you can call the play from your couch before it happens. What do you think the defense is thinking? I'm guessing they're laughing.

4.  Good on paper QB--All the headlines will be how Tony Romo passed for over 400 yards. I could care less. Let me repeat: I DON'T CARE ABOUT STATS!!! If the stats don't translate into wins, then they mean less than nothing. Romo has better stats than Troy Aikman? Romo has beaten Aikman's records? Yeah, well, Troy brought home THREE super bowls. THREE!!! Romo can scarcely bring home a playoff win. **I should add that an ineffective offensive line is part to blame...Romo hit the ground more times than I can count.

We are 1-3 and at the bottom of the NFC East.  Sad. Very, very sad.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know why everyone loves Wade Phillips so much :/ He can't coach! His teams haven't ever won anything, and most of the talent in Dallas is attributable to Parcells coaching and scouting them initially. I guess Jerry Jones would rather have the best fantasy team roster and not win playoff games then to have to subjugate his ego and hire a coach with a winning pedigree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Frisky, I'm a Liverpool fan and we're doing terribly this season, so you don't have to apologise because I understand.
    Rant away, in fact, rant for the pair of us, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R.R., I too am a Liverpool fan, I'm just glad that Benitez is gone. It may be too late, I think all the good players are going to jump ship at their first chance. I'm just hoping we can climb out of the relegation range by the end of the year.
    I think Steve is right about the source of the problem being Jerry Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Jerry Jones is one of the problems, but I think Wade needs to go. The man looks half asleep during the press conferences, he's got no pull with the players,as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve: Wade is a good man-that's why people love him. In terms of being the kind of coach we need to win Super Bowls, no, he's not that kind of coach. He is a likable person and that goes a long way in this day and time. I agree--I actually remarked on the fantasy football thing yesterday with friends. For Cowboys fans, stats mean very little if they are not supported with wins. Simple as that. Do you know how hard it has been for fans since the whole Jerry Jones--Jimmy Johnson collapse? Truly, it makes me physically ill to think about where we might have been if Jerry had kept Jimmy. Not sure we'll ever get over it. :(

    R.R.:Thank you! Getting the go ahead to rant over my team is like adding fuel to the fire. lol Expect more rants--I've got plenty to say.

    George: Years and years and years of changes just to get the same result. The formula that worked was JIMMY JOHNSON. That's what we need again...I can only hope Jerry will see it now (been saying that for years as well).

    Alessandra: Yep, change of coach is needed, as much as I genuinely like Wade as a person. Problem is this: we can't get another "similar" head coach; we need a Jimmy Johnson-type. First on my list is Bill Cowher. Question is, will Jerry finally return to the formula that working in the 1990s?

    ReplyDelete