Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ahhhhhh, It's Back!!!!!

To commemorate his 500th start, Dale had a blah day at Watkins Glenn.  Normally, I'd feel bummed and work overtime to find the bright side (which, I still did--he started 40th, finished 26th at one of his least favorite tracks, so it could have been much worse. Oh, and Jimmie Johnson wrecked and finished behind him. Definite bright side).  But this is no normal NASCAR Sunday, for tonight we welcome back a familiar friend.

Football is here and I feel home again.  My daddy played football--he wears his scars proudly. My mama is about as passionate a football fan as you are ever going to find.  My papaw held football parties and ordered cakes featuring everyone's team mascots.  I was born to love the game, and I do.

I am now blissfully watching my Dallas Cowboys play in the Hall of Fame game against the Bengals (of course once the regular season starts, I'm not so blissful...I'm passion personified and in the zone...don't mess with me).  After a promising opening drive, our starters showed old signs of residing in red-zone hell.  It's only the first preseason game, so I choose not to panic.

College, NFL--I love it all.

Welcome back old friend, welcome back.

*Um, strike the bliss....I've just unleashed on the refs. And so it begins.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I have missed you, but I see I have missed a lot of posts so will have to catchup, I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back!!! I've definitely missed reading your posts and reading your comments. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to make some guy very happy one day

    ReplyDelete