Friday, August 20, 2010

Nuthin' Like Friday Night At Bristol

Like my mama says, "There's nothing like baseball, apple pie, Chevrolet, and Dale Earnhardt Jr."  Add to it a night race at Bristol and a 4th place finish for Dale, and it's a pretty nice summer night.  I'm glad he shaved the beard--not that it didn't look good in a rugged sort-of-way; he just seems more himself without it, if that makes any sense, which it probably doesn't. (Sorry for the girl perspective...it's just something that crossed my mind when I saw him).

Kyle Busch won the Nationwide Race tonight...I won't expand--the crowd at Bristol is taking care of that one. If there are any Kyle fans reading this, I mean no offense--he's a great driver...I just don't particularly care for the kind of person he is on the track (no idea what he's like off the track). 

All in all, it was a great race...looking forward to tomorrow night's Sprint Cup race. Off to finish watching some preseason football...size up the competition for my 'Boys.

1 comment: