Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Don't Get It: Charlie Sheen, Justin Bieber, & Gisele Bundchen

Some things in life just make me shake my head.

Charlie Sheen: Pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault and gets a 30 day sentence to be administered at Promises rehabilitation center in Malibu. Cozy.

Justin Bieber:  Truthfully, I had no clue who he was until about a month ago when I happened to see a clip on the news while channel surfing. Anyway, BIG news for all the Bieber fans...wait for it...he's set to star in his own 3D autobiographical movie--he's 16.  Reportedly, he has also signed a deal to write his memoirs. Did I mention he's 16? I mean, it's wonderful to have these tremendous opportunities at such a young age, but...I still kinda don't get it.

Gisele Bundchen: The supermodel/Mrs. Tom Brady made a bold statement: She believes breastfeeding should be required BY LAW.  In an interview with Harper's Bazaar UK, Gisele states, "Some people here (in the U.S.) think they don't have to breastfeed.  And I think 'Are you going to give chemical food to your child when they are so little?' I think there should be a worldwide law, in my opinion, that mothers should breastfeed their babies for six months."

The insensitivity factor here is off the charts. Add to it a prior comment like this from the March Vogue: “I think a lot of people get pregnant and decide they can turn into garbage disposals."

Yeah.

Oh, and let's not forget when Gisele responded to the Pope's virginity plea: She challenged the Pope to "show me someone who's a virgin" on their wedding night. "Today, no one is a virgin on their wedding night."

Ugh, I know it's not the most popular choice, but there are a few out there... 

Gisele, you want someone to show you a virgin? I'm right here, and I'm building up the guts to post my picture. I'm not a supermodel, but I'm real; laugh if you want, but I am who I am, no apologies. 

Please, somebody force-feed her a Big Mac. (just in case there was any confusion--I'm kidding, of course).

7 comments:

  1. I thought about you last night when I saw the Charlie Sheen story because the picture we had to go with it was him blowing kisses to the crowd. The photo editor said he put it in there to show his "gall." I thought, "I don't get it," and then I thought, "I totally get The Frisky Virgin's 'I Don't Get It' posts."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie Sheen: Pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault and gets a 30 day sentence to be administered at Promises rehabilitation center in Malibu. Cozy.

    Actually, at least in Rhode Island, that's a pretty standard sentence for even the non-famous. Normally, you can choose to pay a $200 fine, or do 100 hours of community service, or if it is substance-related, go into a treatment program.

    Gisele is hot as all heck, but she comes off as really dumb and closeted in her statements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah: hehe Yep, totally an "I Don't Get It" moment...I seem to have them everyday.

    Steve: Maybe it's the fact that he's going to a rehab facility in MALIBU. You know?

    As for Gisele--she's beautiful to be sure, but her words make her a little less so, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might be Malibu, but he's probably paying for it, not the state, so who cares? That's also normally a consideration in this type of stuff - If you're willing to pay for your own treatment (and to also pay some court costs or fines), then they're willing to overlook minor indiscretions. Most states are poor, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve: For me, it's about the root of the case: domestic abuse. The consequences are practically non-existent. Granted, his wife didn't exactly help the prosecution, for reasons I will never fully comprehend. As such, prosecutors could only take it so far. It's just sad to me, the whole way around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never liked Gisele ever since she said that giving birth didn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really? Oh, I hadn't heard that. I'm thinking she just doesn't realize that what she says can be kinda hurtful and/or frustrating for some people. :(

    ReplyDelete