Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Don't Get It #2: Kate Gosselin, Dale Jr, Montana Sex Ed Proposal

Kate Gosselin at a Lady Gaga concert.  I don't get it.

Dale Earnhardt, Jr: When he doesn't win, people get all over him for a lack of talent, desire, dedication, etc., which is ridiculous and very sad. When he does win--as he did July 4th weekend at Daytona in the Nationwide Series--people claim the race was rigged just because he was driving his daddy's #3. Seriously? The poor man must throw his hands up in the air on a daily basis. I just don't get it.

Montana: Helena Public School System has proposed a controversial Sex Ed program that would supposedly begin such teachings in kindergarten!!!!!!! Apparently, they would teach first graders about same-sex relationships.  By the time children reach age 10, they are taught about all of the various types of intercourse.  Fifth graders, according to the proposal, should "understand that sexual intercourse includes, but is not limited to, vaginal, oral, or anal penetration.” First, aren't they way too young to even think about sex? Second, shouldn't these types of teachings be up to the child's parents?

My question: What in God's name has happened to our society?  How very, very sad. Kids should enjoy being kids while they can.  I just don't get it AT ALL. 

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I with you on "kids should be kids" seriously...I didn't 'know' about sex until I was in my teens (at least) kids have no reason being introduced to it until they are old enough to understand WHAT is it..AND the responsbility of it (both potential physical and emotional). There's my .02.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like society is trying to force kids to grow up quicker and quicker these days. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Frisky: as far as your comment goes maybe kids have to grow up because their parents are still in their teenage years? metaphorically, that is...Heck I know men in their 50's that want to date younger because they remember what it was like to be in their 30's-40's....

    ReplyDelete