Monday, July 12, 2010

Makeup Magic Monday #1


For anyone with fair skin, you know the importance of blush. Fair folks, in an effort to differentiate themselves from the undead, need a high quality blush that will add a natural, long-lasting pink. I have several loves: Nars' Orgasm and Benefit's Dandelion. However, at $26 and $28 respectively, I wanted to find something a little less bank-busting...and with a little more color-pow. Enter Urban Decay's After Glow in Quickie.

Aside from the clever name, at $17 a pop, Urban Decay's Quickie delivers. When I first opened the package, I thought the quantity looked awfully small, especially compared to Benefit's Dandelion. Then I popped open the smallish compact and gasped: The pink looks...florescent! Alarmed, I grabbed my blush brush and went to town, worried I was about to look like a pink florescent stop sign. Alas! The color is gorgeous!



WARNING: Extremely rich color—you DO NOT need much. If you are not careful, you will look like you had ten quickies in ten minutes.

For Sensitive Skin types: I've been wearing it about two weeks now and I haven't had a single breakout. Yay! 

If you are in the market for a new blush, Urban Decay's Quicke just might be your soon-to-be best kept secret.  Available at Sephora.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I'm getting tired of my Neutrogena stuff that I started wearing, um, in college. And after I was a clown for Halloween when I was three, the doctor said I'd always have to wear expensive makeup... Totally milk that sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have sensitive skin as well. I use Neutrogena to cleanse my skin, but for makeup I use as much all natural stuff as possible. Bare Minerals is fantastic, and has an SPF 15. I tried their all natural blush...but, I have admit, I could never figure out how to apply it evenly. I just looked splotchy and stupid.

    Ive tried every drugstore brand imaginable, but they either broke me out or just didn't have the staying power. So far, I really like the Urban Decay blush. :)

    ReplyDelete