Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Part Two: The Unfortunate Fortune Cookie May Be Fortunate?

After reading your comments, I channeled my optimistic side and thought a little more about this whole ripped-love-fortune thing. Here's the original post, just in case you might be curious:  http://thefriskyvirgin.blogspot.com/2010/07/unfortunate-fortune-cookie.html

WARNING: I'm going to get all deep, philosophical, and borderline icky-sweet here.  If you have a weak stomach, take a Dramamine or grab a barf bag before reading on.

Perhaps, rather than some bad omen, it was a metaphor for two people, two hearts, two souls, searching for their match in life.  In order to read the fortune in its entirety, I had to piece the halves together, much like two souls need to come together to feel whole in life.  Maybe the once cruel fortune was really trying to tell me that my best friend, my soul mate, is out there--perhaps at a distance--wishing to feel complete.  All that needs to happen now is for fate to piece our souls together, like I did the fortune.

This is what I'm going with anyway...

7 comments: