Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm a Blog Blonde

Yeah, so, with only a few days of blogging experience, I've come to discover that I am a total blog blonde. I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Here I was so proud when I figured out how to change the background colors. Idiot. Now, I flip through all these blogs and they are so incredible!! They have pictures, designs, cool fonts, etc. I come back to my little blog and see....blah. The worst part? I have NO idea where to begin to make it look, you know, better. I look through all the dashboard, design tabs and it's like I'm reading a foreign language. Ugh.

I'm a blog blonde. Hmm. Wonder if gentlemen prefer blog blondes? One can only hope.

P.S. I can't get the preview to work...seriously, who can't click a button and get a preview to work? I'm such an idiot.

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea for this. I mean, not that you've had to wait so long to find love, but to actually stick to your guns and wait. And to be open about it.

    I didn't wait for marriage per se (that was the plan...) but my husband is the only one, and I'm SO glad I waited for the right guy. I'm glad you shared!

    Blogging advice (this is going to be like the blind leading the blind, but I have a few months): thecutestblogontheblock.com has templates that look like they came out of a scrapbook, if that's your thing. There are other sites, but I can't think of them. Do a Google search for "Blogger templates." Thecutest... explained exactly how to change it, and I've been afraid to change it since.

    But welcome! I already love your blog (and that's saying a lot -- usually it takes a while).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words and blogging advice!! I really, really appreciate it. I'm hoping now that I'm being open about this, fate will see fit to send Mr. Right my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog :) & as for blogger technology.. argh I still don't get how it all works either.. baffles me everytime so I just stick to simple simple simple! Shabbyblogs.com is good though which I am assuming is where you got your background, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I just spent way too much time trying to get my post to publish. I swear, I must be the only person who can't get the preview to work. Simple is best, I agree. I'm just beginning to try inserting pictures.

    Thank you--this background came from The Cutest Blog On The Block, I believe. :) I had no idea there was so much out there to choose from.

    ReplyDelete